Workplace peace and harmony is the most important thing for any company, says Sam Kahn.
It is one of the goals of every business owner. It is important for a company to be able to create a work environment that is conducive to work and productivity, especially if you have a large number of team members.
However, there are many ways to create such an environment despite the distractions.
Some of these tips include:
- A quiet space without any interruptions. Carpets, rugs, wall hangings, artwork and acoustic ceiling panels can help to reduce the amount of noise you will hear in the office.
Other than filtering out the noise, plants also provide a quieter environment by reducing echoes.
- Time blocks where employees are focused on a specified task. Our work and personal lives are often very demanding and can often feel like they’re simultaneously pulling us in opposite directions.
- Time blocking is one technique for better managing our time. It does this by blocking certain times of the day for specific tasks, such as working on a project or spending time with family. The idea is to do both of these things, but not at the same time.
- The presence of motivational posters and rewarding employees for their good work. A well-designed office can have a major impact on the office climate. The right balance of colour, furniture, artwork and overall layout can make employees feel more engaged and happy at work. A fresh coat of paint and the right desk arrangement can give employees the ability to work together more efficiently.
When there are disagreements, arguments or conflicts in the workplace, it can cause a lot of tension and stress on employees, their relationships with co-workers and their relationship with their employer.
There are many ways to avoid and manage workplace conflicts, from how to identify and resolve a conflict to how to handle it when an issue arises, says Sam Kahn, I have been in business for many years, so I’ve had to cross some tricky situations at work.
Let’s explore some different ways to promote peace in the workplace including:
- Ways to prevent conflict from happening
Conflict is inevitable. We all have different points of view, beliefs and ways of communicating. The key to managing conflict is to accept our differences, communicate effectively and work together on a solution that involves compromise, says Sam Kahn.
- Ways to diffuse conflict when it does happen
One way to diffuse conflict when it does happen is to create a culture of communication.
- Strategies for resolving conflict when it does happen.
Samuel Nathan Kahn has worked as a professional regulated claims adjustor and has run his own business in Manchester for many years, he has many years of experience learned the hard way how detrimental it can be to mismanage your team.
A good place to start when aiming to have Peace and Harmony with staff is by building a level of mutual respect between employees. If you can do this you will be able to motivate people in different ways and they may be better trained.
Within his own business, Sam Kahn values his staff by stopping when they need to take a break or listen to their concerns.
He advocates for a healthy work-life balance.